Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A definition for Tori

My friend Jessica (yeah, she's my friend...for real) had a link to this definition in the latest post on her blog. It fits me to a "T". A "T" for Tori.


Constructive avoidance: Time spent on work that is neither important or urgent, in preference to urgent and important work.


That sums up my life. Yep. That's me. That's what I am best at.


And to show you how well I practice constructive avoidance here's a photo for ya that I spruced up instead of doing more important work. It's of my sassy lil 4-yr-old who "thinks she can dance."

7 comments:

Rachel said...

aha! that's what I'm suffering from!!

Anonymous said...

Me too Tori!!!! That is so weird that she would post that. I am the "Queen" of Constructive Avoidance! At the end of the definition she left off, "for a perfect example see Deb". LOL

What a cutie-pie! I love those curls. Love that you took the photo of Jane from behind. Anybody can take a photo from the front but it takes talent to make a shot like this look fabulous and you did it GF!!!

Jill said...

I cannot believe how big this girl is getting. I'm depressed. But she is so adorable. Love that outfit! I miss you! So excited we'll be seeing each other weekly (at least) now Yahoo! Love the 'constructive avoidance' label. But I will put a little feather in your cap...you truly are one of the most talented well rounded people I know. You certainly cannot be that doing only unimportant, non-urgent (?)things right?

Dawn said...

Oh this is a great pic...are you luvin the class...i love my new camera and the class but both are,at times, overwelming...but I WILL GET IT!! ... dewnie

Laurie said...

Silly Tori. Jess meant me, not you. Surely that quote fits me more. ;)

Heather said...

It's like in college during Dead Week, when I'm supposed to be studying for finals, and all of a sudden, I get the itch to finally clean out my nasty scary closet. No studying done, but man did my closet sing!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, you certainly do the most entertaining "unimportant" things with your time. I'm glad you are who you are. Keep up with your avoidance practice. I'm loving it!