Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering...

I answered the phone at 6:30 in the morning...turned on the TV...and sat in awe. I cried, and cried, and cried some more. After two weeks of watching the images on TV and retreating to the bathroom to sob so my kids wouldn't see me cry, and after they asked me why I kept watching the same movie about airplanes over and over, I turned off the TV and began living again.

A child like the one below is why this country is special, why it is worth fighting for, why it is worth remembering.

Jayne 09/11/2006

3 comments:

Kari said...

I have a vivid memory of that day as well. One of those "frozen moments in time." Now on a happy note - that picture of Jayne is priceless!!!

Anonymous said...

After watching for a few hours and crying again I turned off the TV last night. I love the pic of Jayne. I just want to kiss her sweet face.
Love you and yours
MOM

Unknown said...

I remember I was in the car on 101 and I turned on the radio and the first plane had just crashed into the building. And the when the second one hit, I knew. I went home and turned on the TV. I could 't watch for very long.